Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Small Group Girls!

When I was a freshman at MTSU during a normal Wednesday night at AO (our college ministry) the youth minister at Belle Aire made an announcement that they needed some leaders for One Weekend (d-now). A friend and I decided that it would be a lot of fun to volunteer for it. Little did I know that that "One Weekend" I would meet a group of girls that would help make my college experience so wonderful! That next summer at a water park with the youth, Renee Chambers asked me if I wanted to lead a small group with her.I am so thankful she did!

Renee has taught me a lot over the past 5 years about leadership, serving, faith, and friendship. I am very thankful to have been able to lead with her because she was such an example to me! Each of these girls are very special and unique. We have had several new girls join throughout the years and a couple leave us but watching them grow in Christ has been amazing.

Each girl has her own thing that she likes, several of these girls are very different from each other but somehow they have learned to appreciate each girl for who she is. I find this very rare for high schoolers, well really just people in general. I can't even start telling you the talent that each girl posses but I promise they do! The girls have been very faithful to their Lord, friends, and the small group. We met every Sunday night for bible study but we did several things outside of that together. We have painted pottery, gone to the lake, bowled, ate, ate, ate, played games, been to lock ins, etc.


Last summer (2009) Renee moved to CA and I moved back to Clarksville to get ready to get married! Danielle and Brannie stepped up to the plate to lead these girls. I am so thankful for them. It has been difficult to not be there each Sunday but I know that I can count on seeing them any time I go to the boro. Renee has since moved back and is able to continue leading with them too!! Most of the girls graduated this past May and a couple are going to be seniors. This is a big time of change in our small group life! The girls are spreading across the south for school and the rest are getting ready for their last year of high school. I couldn't be more proud of them. We were able to all go on a small group getaway for the weekend in July. We stayed in a cabin, went canoeing, played Bunko, ate til our stomachs were pouching out, played in the creek, and had some special time together. We also finally got our small group tee shirt! (it had been in the making for a very long time) It was a blast and a blessing to be able to spend so much time together.

Thank you Renee, Danielle, Brannie, and each girl for your faithfulness and love! I am so proud of each of you and cannot wait to see what all the Lord is going to do in your lives! LOVE YOU EACH VERY MUCH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww carrie! Thats so sweet, and thank you for all you have done and your faithfulness to us! You have been such a blessing in my life and I am thankful! I love you soo mcuh!!!

Anna Farmer said...

...and that was from Anna by the way!

Post a Comment