Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Strawberry Cake!

So I fortunately inherited all kinds of wonderful recipes when Nathan and I got married! I have decided that I am going to start blogging about some of them as I make them. So for the first one, STRAWBERRY CAKE! Yum, it was very delicious. I have realized that the recipe is a either a pretty common one or very similar to others such as Paula Dean's. It was given to me though from a cousin. Not sure though if it is a 2nd, third, once removed, or whatever cousin. I guess I need to study up on Nathan's post about cousins. But any who it is from Charlene my dad's first cousin!

Here is the recipe:1 box of white cake mix, 1 small strawberry jello, 1/2 c. canola oil, 1/2 c. of water, 4 whole eggs, 16 oz carton of frozen strawberries thawed, 1 stick of butter, 1 box of confection sugar

Now for the combining part: add cake mix, jello, eggs, water, & oil all together. Mix well until there is no lumps in the mix. (Set aside 3oz of the strawberries for the icing) Stir the rest of the strawberries into the cake mix.


Icing: Combine the stick of butter (at room temp), the whole box of confection sugar, & the strawberries. mix
Bake the Cake at 350 until you can put a tooth pick in the middle & it come out clean.
Let the cake cool then add the icing. The icing doesn't look like it's going to be enough but it is plenty!


I got a little too anxious & didn't let the cake cool very long so the icing was drizzling off (all the better!) I also added a couple of strawberries to it for decoration. Make sure that you refrigerate it when you are done. ENJOY!



3 comments:

Caroline Herron said...

this is the best recipe, it tastes like heaven! miss you!

Anna W. said...

i stumbled across your blog via Caroline's and have to say THANK YOU for posting this recipe! i've been looking for a good homemade strawberry cake recipe and this one looks perfect!

Nathan said...

it is soo good! I'm glad you were able to find it Anna! happy baking :)

Post a Comment